Sunday, July 28, 2019

Why I am not a racist

 
I get told I am “white,” but I am actually a pinkish - tan color.  The only thing that is ‘white’ on me is the same body part that is white in all humans, the sclera of my eyes. My teeth are actually coffee-stained ivory colored, not white.
 
“White”  is a straw man, it doesn’t exist, my “white” ancestry is 1/4th English, 1/4th Irish and half Sicilian; these groups have extremely little in common historically, linguistically and culturally.  For any of you generalists, you can assert  that all these groups are “really the same,” but I doubt you really believe these thoughts enough to risk your safety. I challenge those of you believe in “White Culture”  to go to an Irish Pub and declare them on all Englishmen OR go to a rural English Tavern and declare the locals to be all Irishmen at heart.
 

As far as my Sicilian ancestry, we are viewed with suspicion throughout most of the globe. Actually, what we call African Americans are not a homogenous group, they are of mixed Western African descent and have somewhere from 15 to 66% European genetics.   
 
Even with the boundaries of the United States where “white” people have a common language, there is no common culture or history. “White” culture in San Francisco is different from “white” culture in Fort Worth. Even in the boundaries of these cities, “white” people have tremendous variation in their beliefs and values. There is no “white” America. Humans of European descent have been murdering, stealing and enslaving each other for thousands of years, sometimes for the most trivial of reasons. 
 

Since I don’t have a race, I cannot believe my race is superior to others. There is no club or meeting place for 1/4th English, 1/4th Irish and half Sicilian human beings. I don’t have a race.  Most of us are mixed, we belong to the same race - the human race. 
 
I first declared this philosophy on the radio show, Law Talk Live with Ed Laughlin on the morning of Saturday,  July 27, 2019 , I expect this point to become popular as logic infects the nation and people claim this idea as their own.
 

Definitions, From page one of Google:
 
Race: a group of people related by hereditary, customs and languages. “Races are assumed to be distinguished by skin color, facial type, etc. However, the scientific basis of racial distinctions is very weak. Scientific studies show that racial genetic differences are weak except in skin color.”
 
Racism; “ the belief in the superiority of one race over another. It may also include prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against other people because they are of a different race or ethnicity, or the belief that members of different races or ethnicities should be treated differently.”
 

No comments:

Post a Comment