Three undesirable things occur when you integrate male and female troops;
1) Dating, which jeopardizes morale secondary to jealously and rivalry,
2) Males take unnecessary risks to protect or impress female soldiers,
3) POWs are excessively brutalized if the unit has taken a female casualty.
There is only one nation in history, that has successfully deployed female combat troops against a determined enemy in symmetric warfare. No, no and no.
Amazons are a myth,
Israel versus Palestinian is asymmetric warfare*, and
Boudicca and Joan of Arc are leaders, not units of warriors.
The nation that successfully deployed female combat troops was the Soviet Union during World War II.
This was accomplished by strictly adhering to TWO principles;
1) Total segregation of male and female units, and
2) Careful selection of Military Occupational Specialties ;
Russian female soldiers served admirably as tankers, snipers and bomber pilots.
Crime needs to be punished, but even with professional degrees and years of specialized and grueling training, not even astronauts can always behave morally and ethically (i.e., Lisa Nowak).